Tuesday, September 3, 2019

True Colors - Introduction

About this devotional series ...

For a few years now Cyndi Lauper's song "True Colors" has been on my heart as a love song from my heavenly Father to me. Could it be He speaks to us even through secular music on the radio? Really? I mean, it's easy to find Him on Christian radio. He's obviously there in worship service when the choir sings. I suggest to you though, friends, that the Holy Spirit speaks in more ways than we can imagine and to me on the radio is one of them. Maybe it will resonate with you as well.

Lyrics to "True Colors" will appear [in this font] at the beginning of each lesson.

I will occasionally take the liberty of sharing with you what I hear His voice saying to me as I spend time with Him each day. (These thoughts, His voice in my head going to paper, will be in bold.) Please know I am not declaring my thoughts as His Words. These are my feelings; how I feel He is speaking to my heart.

For the purposes of my thoughts and sharing, verses I refer to are from the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible unless otherwise noted.

And just so you'll feel like I'm not a complete stranger, here's a little bit about me: I was born in East Texas (yee haw) in 1973 <gulp>. I married my best friend in 1995. I hatched a little in 2001 and another in 2004. Currently we have four canine furbabies. We've lived in Colorado (woo hoo) since 2007. I home-school <gasp>. I love to do Bible art journaling, travel, quilt, and work jigsaw puzzles. I've been a Jesus follower most of my life, though I spent years just being a bench warmer. I have graduated to full blown Jesus freak now. I hope your spirit and soul and all over person are blessed by something you read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment