Monday, March 26, 2012

Direct Line

From 6/16/11:

"Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body."
- Proverbs 16:24

Books to look into reading:
Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes
The One Year Great Songs of Faith
The One Year Book of Personal Prayer

"God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called."
by Shannon Ethridge, Completely His

From 6/18/11:

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
- Philippians 4:13

** Current Thoughts:

These are some of my favorite words from the Bible and from others. I am so glad I decided to keep a running journal / faithbook of my daily readings and passages. I have since bought all three of the suggested books.

It is kind of funny that I am currently reading the Disciplines of a Godly Woman. The author isn't my favorite. She and I are not like-minded and unfortunately I had read another essay she had written in a different source that I did not appreciate at all. However, I am very much enjoying the discipline concepts she sets before me and even though I tend to skim her dialogue and create my own reasoning, I am finding the book thought provoking and a great aide to me in my attempt at Christian growth.

I've been praying a lot for the following (join me if you wish):
- Encouragement for my sister Keli
- Relief of pain and anxiety for my mom's cousin Reggie (terminal cancer)
- Comfort and strength for Reggie's wife Machele (who also just lost her father)
- My cousin Courtney who is back at TIRR for more therapies
- Vacation Bible School
- Brian and Rachel Peacock (our new youth minister and his wifey - house hunting, smooth transition)
- Delivery from my sin of overeating (yep, it's for real) and my love of food (grrrr)
- Our new family budget
- Mark and the kids' health and safety

Father, I love my direct line to You. Thank You that my days can begin in Your Presence and that I am more and more calling on You to walk beside me all day long.

Blessings Y'all!
Lesa

No comments:

Post a Comment