Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not on my Watch

From 6/27/12:

"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
- Matthew 28:20

"When He comes, He will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf.  The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!  Springs will gush forth in the wilderness, and streams will water the wasteland."
- Isaiah 35:5-6

"Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."
- Psalm 42:5-6

"Wise words are more valuable than much gold and many rubies."
- Proverbs 20:15

"The Lord is good!  His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation."
- Psalm 100:5

Thoughts: 

There have been some days in the last month or two that I've had to make myself muddle through my devotions.  I know that isn't what God has in mind but my brain was scattered for awhile, I had a hard time sitting down and "devoting" time and mind and heart and soul to being with my Savior.

Every time I managed to get in some "face time" He would lead me to the scriptures I needed.  I would feel comforted.  I would feel closer to Him.  But getting started was the hard part.

I know it sounds odd when I say this, but I know, without a doubt, that we have been under attack in a battle of Spiritual Warfare for just under a year now.  About the time we catch our breath we have another crisis thrust upon us.  I don't blame God.  But I do question Him sometimes.

Mark Lowry once said that he thought it was okay to question God inquisitively, just not accusitively.  (No, I'm not sure that's a real word either but it is what he said.)  And you know, nothing has been more than we can bear just as He promised.  I do feel like I'm running out of endurance sometimes.  But what's the alternative?  Abandoning God?  Right.  NOT ON MY WATCH.

Father, be with the larger Brassette clan as they mourn the loss of Pa.  Give them strength and comfort and peace in knowing his suffering is over and smooth sailing lies ahead.

Blessings y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment