Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fixer Upper

From Today:

I thought part of my reading for today spoke to the premise of my new blog. I really liked the following, written as if Jesus is speaking directly to me/you.

Quotes from Jesus Lives: Seeing His Love in Your Life by Sarah Young

"Brokenness" p. 44

"Pick up the pieces of your broken heart - scattered all around you - and bring them to Me."

"When you feel on the brink of giving up, remind yourself of My great faitfulness: I never give up on you!"

"Stay close to me as I work on mending your broken heart. Of course, your repaired heart will not be exactly as it was before, but in some ways it will be much better. Your renewed heart - stripped of its cherished hopes - will have more space for Me."

** Sometimes I feel guilty for even scoffing at the rough things I've had to endure over time. My life has been a fairy tale compared to so many out there. I hope that the little things I've dealt with will give me some glimpse of insight that may encourage, inspire, or fill with hope another wandering soul.

Father, let Your light shine through me. Let me lead others to the beacon that is Your guiding light. Help me help other broken-hearted souls.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment