Monday, January 23, 2012

Take My Yoke Upon You

From 3/26/11:

"Day after day, and night after night they keep on saying, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty - the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come." - Revelation 4:8

"God did this so that men would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us." - Acts 17:27

From 3/28/11:

"Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:29

From 3/29/11:

"God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth." - Matthew 5:5

"I hope to have eyes that see where to apply a bit of gentleness here and there to soften life's blows for others." - Patsy Clairmont

** I can't help but notice how often I note: "Lord, I need work in this area." And then, every once in awhile, like a little gift, wrapped in a big bow, I'll come across a commandment I'm actually doing pretty good at. And there I find hope; hope that He will make me who He wants me to be and at the hand of the ultimate Potter, this lump of clay may be made into something He can be proud of.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment