Sunday, January 22, 2012

Patchin' Me Up

So, this is a new blog! I've been wanting to start a spiritual blog and here it is! I guess it is pretty funny that I'm starting a second blog considering I haven't blogged on my original one since the 12th of this month. Oh well, I've felt this was a calling of sorts and who am I to argue with divine design?

Mostly I just want this page to include the notes I make during my daily devotional time. I don't think I'll be able to blog every day, but I hope some of the things the Lord puts on my heart will speak to others as well.

The title of my blog, "A Patchwork Heart" comes from a Bible lesson I entitled that. Several months ago ideas started pouring into my mind for topics or themes for Bible class lessons or even ladies' retreats. "A Patchwork Heart" comes from my love of quilting and from the fact that time and time again in my life, my Heavenly Father has put the broken pieces of my heart and my life back together again.

I think sharing my faith and my shared moments with God with others will be good for me and hopefully bless someone else in the process. It won't necessarily be in chronological order.

From 4/1/11:
"Let prayer be the key to the day, and the bolt to the night."
- "The Simple Life" by Wanda Brunstetter

"You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God." - 1 Peter 3:4

From 4/5/11:
"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: you must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry." - James 1:19

Just curious if this eludes anyone else? I think I listen pretty well. The older I get the more I appreciate the value of thinking before I speak. I don't rush into anger I don't believe, but I don't think I can say I'm slow to get angry.

"Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will be also." - Matthew 5:21

Father, this week I will meditate on awareness of Your Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment