Monday, February 6, 2012

Random Thoughts

From 4/18/11:

"Thou are my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."
- Psalm 32:7

"You will say, 'How I hated discipline! If only I had not ignored all the warnings!' "
(oops, didn't write verse reference)

"...let my emptiness ... thirst for You, ... "
- E.B. Pusey

From 4/19/11:

"And the Lord shall guide thee continually."
- Isaiah 58:11

"Because You are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings."
- Psalm 63:7

From 5/3/11:

Seven Things the Lord Detests (From Proverbs 6:16):
1. Haughty Eyes
2. A Lying Tongue
3. Hands that Kill the Innocent
4. A Heart That Plots Evil
5. Feet That Race to do Wrong
6. A False Witness
7. Sower of Family Discord

** There sure are a lot of things not on that list that humans detest. As a matter of fact they use God's Will to justify detesting their own set of sins or misgivings. My thought is that the best thing we can do as Christians is to offer grace and mercy (even if we deem it undeserved) and help each other along the treacherous roads of this life. But that's just me.

Father, help me give the gifts of mercy and grace to Your people on this earth. It's been freely given to me from You and I most certainly should pay it forward.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment