Monday, February 27, 2012

The Hope of all the World

From 6/15/11:

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake."
- Proverbs 23:2-3

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."
- Matthew 11:28-30

"And His name will be the hope of all the world."
- J - E - S - U - S -
- Matthew 12:21

** I love all of the different names that Jesus is referred to in the Bible. Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords, Immanuel (God with us). Hope of all the world ... wow. How great would it be to be called the Hope of all the world? It doesn't say the hope for everyone but your pesky neighbor. It doesn't say the hope for everyone but the gay couple at the mall. It doesn't say the hope for everyone who goes to your church.

The Hope of all the World ...

Just a few times today, I challenge you, to whisper, "Jesus, the hope of all the World." Exalt Him as He deserves. And offer grace to those you don't normally feel gracious toward. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment