Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sanctuary

From 4/13/11:

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness."
- Lamentations 3:22-23

"Even when the burdens of life take us down, through Christ we can be renewed in spirit every day." - The Simple Life by Wanda Brunstetter

From 4/17/11:

"And my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the Lord."
- Jeremiah 31:14

"Think of all the hostility He endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up."
- Hebrews 12:3

** I love starting my day snuggled on my bed under the quilt I made with a hot cup of white mocha and my Bible and devotional books. Oh yeah, and two spoiled rotten little pooches curled up next to me. I haven't even had this routine for a year yet but I can't imagine how I got by without it before.

Right now, I do a memory verse each week as well as read from the following books:
Jesus Lives by Sarah Young
His Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd
Women of Faith Daily Devotionals
The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I look up all of the Scriptures I encounter in those books as well as read one of the devotionals written in my Sanctuary Bible.

I love the word "Sanctuary". That is one of my favorite ways to describe God. Considering Him and His word my Sanctuary brings an immeasurable amount of peace. I recently found a song called "Sanctuary" that I'll have to share the words to on here. I will try to do it tomorrow or over the weekend.

Father, Sanctuary, You are my hiding place.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment