Monday, February 13, 2012

Tongue and Prayer?

From 5/28/11:

"He trains my hands for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow."
- Psalm 18:34

From 5/31/11:

"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."
- Proverbs 21:23

"The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life; a wise person wins friends."
- Proverbs 11:30

From 6/1/11:

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."
-Proverbs 18:24

From 6/2/11:

"The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer."
- Psalm 6:9

** On that date I wrote: "Thank You, Father, for the love and blessings that fill my life. Thank You that my prayer life with You is growing!"

From 6/7/11:

"Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything."
- Proverbs 13:3

** Let the church say AMERN! (Madea style.) Halleluyer! Use that tongue for good! Share your testimony, teach others, spread the love of God and the sacrifice of His Son. How many years does it take some of us to realize the power (and abuse) the tongue can unleash? Sermon this weekend was on blessing others with our words. These verses of what else our words can do just happened to come up today.

"Have you spoken a word full of hope and cheer?
Have you walked with a slower pace,
Till the weary of heart who were stumbling on,
Took new courage to run the race?

Oh the things we may do
You and I, you and I
Oh the love we can give if we try
Just a word or a song as we're passing along
They will count in the great by and by."

From "Oh, the Things We May Do"
by Lizzie DeArmond & J. M. Hagan

Father, inspire me when You need me to bless others. Give me the words and nudge me along. Let me bless those who need it most.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment