Friday, February 24, 2012

Full Throttle Love

From 6/11/11:

"God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them."
- Hebrews 6:10

"Thou shalt love the Lord they God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; and they neighbor as thyself."
- Luke 10:27

"We can make our own plans but the Lord gives the right answer."
- Proverbs 16:1

"We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps."
- Proverbs 16:9

From 6/14/11:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
- Matthew 18:20

** Anybody else find it hard to grasp the concept of loving God (or anyone or anything for that matter) with everything you own? All thy heart, all thy mind, all thy soul? Another versions asks for all thy strength too I believe. I mean, that's a whole lotta lovin'.

I guess the closest we can come to gauging that all-out, unconditional love is either our primary partner if life, our spouse, or our children. And even with those strongest of earthly bonds, our love for our Heavenly Father should surpass that.

Can I be honest? I struggle to "get" this concept. I think I've always struggled with it and maybe I'll always have to work on it. I will tell you though that the more time I spend in His Word and reflecting on thoughts about His Word, and in prayer and communication with Him, the more natural it feels and the stronger the bond to Him grows.

I love hearing His voice in an urging or an idea He plants within me. I love feeling His presence when I sing praises to Him or fall on my knees in prayer. I love the peace that's mine for the asking when life's storms rage.

Father, thank You that I can press the RESET or RESTART button each morning or even with the mere whisper of a prayer to You.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment