Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unbridled Tongue?

From 6/9/11:

"A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare."
- Proverbs 15:1

"A hot-tempered person starts fights; a cool-tempered person stops them."
- Proverbs 15:18

"Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time!"
- Proverbs 15:23

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health."
- Proverbs 15:30

** Many talk of the virtues of a Proverbs 31 woman. Well, my friends, I submit to you that this chapter of Proverbs offers some really great advice on our tempers, tongues, and attitudes. How many times have I made a situation worse my running my mouth? Too many. How many times have I held my tongue and diffused a touchy situation? A few. Need a reversal of fortune there.

Father, let my voice always reflect You; Your love and compassion and mercy.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment